Merfeld & Schine, Inc. was established in 1992 as a local Boston business brokering firm. It grew into a national mergers & acquisitions company.
Today, the company is led by one of its founders, Gary Schine. Gary’s focus is strategic acquisition including:
- Assisting companies in approaching and acquiring their competitors
- Assisting private equity groups in acquiring add-on businesses.
Gary has worked in mergers and acquisitions for over 20 years as a broker, consultant, and business valuation expert. He has initiated several win-win competitive buyout deals for companies ranging in size from under $1MM to $12MM.:
In addition to his work running Merfeld & Schine, Gary has authored several books on buying and selling businesses and on other small business topics. His most recent book (written in conjunction with David Annis and Eugene Merfeld) is titled: Strategic Acquisition: A Smarter Way to Grow a Small or Medium Size Company..
His other titles include:
- How You Can Buy a Business Without Overpaying
- How to Sell Your Business for More Money
- How to Succeed as a Lifestyle Entrepreneur
- 101 Small Business Mistakes, Myths, and Misconceptions
Gary holds an MBA degree from the University of Connecticut.